We’ve been working on making data from Simple:Press easier to visualize and more useful at a glance. Perhaps the best way to provide a flavor for what’s coming is to show you this:
We’ll be providing exactly 12 analytical charts, each of which can be customized. Take a look at this screenshot which shows the extensive customization options that will be available for each chart:
For each chart, you’ll be able to select a chart type – there are 11 chart types available:
The 12 Analytical Charts
As mentioned above, we’ll be providing exactly one dozen pre-built charts. These are as follows:
- Total post count by forum
- Total topic count by forum
- Top 10 posters
- Top 10 posters excluding moderators and admins
- Total users by user group
- New post count
- New topic count
- New post count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- Total post count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- New topic count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- Total topic count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- Top 10 tags (requires the Simple:Press Tags plugin)
In addition to the major features listed above, you’ll be able to:
- Specify which charts are visible on the dashboard
- View a different set of charts in a separate FORUM->ANALYTICS area
- Determine whether a chart should take up a full width in the FORUM->ANALYTICS area or half width
- Select the order in which charts will appear in the FORUM->ANALYTICS area
- Specify which admins can view and configure the charts
- For charts the require a date range, specify custom date ranges or pre-select from one of the pre-configured ranges (24 hours, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 1 year)
Here are screen shots of some the chart types – the same chart is shown (Total post count by forum) but with a different chart type.
This new version will require Version 6.0.7 or later of Simple:Press. Once it becomes available you will be able to download from your account area on our Website.
We’re hoping this is ready sometime in the next 30-60 days.
If you do not yet have a subscription to our plugins, you can get one by navigating to our pricing page.
Did you find this article useful? Or do you use Simple:Press today? If so, please support Simple:Press with a review on WordPress.org. Every review goes a long way towards bringing other users on board!
More From Simple:Press
So we haven’t been very active on our blog here lately but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working hard on our Simple:Press Forums plugin. Here are some screen shots of the look-and-feel of the future of the Simple:Press Forums admin dashboard: These changes start to bring the Simple:Press UI in-line with what users expect…Read More
This article is the third in a series of “user stories” where our users describe how they built their sites using Simple:Press. In this story you will learn how Vicky Wei built out a WordPress membership site using Simple:Press and the WishList Member plugin. Introduction The Brooklyn Triathlon Club has been around since 2004 and…Read More
Over the last couple of months we’ve been busy making tweaks and enhancements to a number of our plugins and themes. The result of this work can be see in the following updates: New Simple:Press Core Release Version 6.2.0 Simple:Press is now available in the WordPress.org repository. This release includes the following changes: New: SVG…Read More
Introduction Occasionally we write about how we run out business – the tools and technology we use. This article is one of those and it covers a very important topic that many sites and business don’t pay enough attention to. Hopefully by reading this you’re reminded to take another look at how your backups work…Read More