We’ve been working on making data from Simple:Press easier to visualize and more useful at a glance. Perhaps the best way to provide a flavor for what’s coming is to show you this:
We’ll be providing exactly 12 analytical charts, each of which can be customized. Take a look at this screenshot which shows the extensive customization options that will be available for each chart:
For each chart, you’ll be able to select a chart type – there are 11 chart types available:
The 12 Analytical Charts
As mentioned above, we’ll be providing exactly one dozen pre-built charts. These are as follows:
- Total post count by forum
- Total topic count by forum
- Top 10 posters
- Top 10 posters excluding moderators and admins
- Total users by user group
- New post count
- New topic count
- New post count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- Total post count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- New topic count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- Total topic count by topic status (requires the Simple:Press Topic Status plugin)
- Top 10 tags (requires the Simple:Press Tags plugin)
In addition to the major features listed above, you’ll be able to:
- Specify which charts are visible on the dashboard
- View a different set of charts in a separate FORUM->ANALYTICS area
- Determine whether a chart should take up a full width in the FORUM->ANALYTICS area or half width
- Select the order in which charts will appear in the FORUM->ANALYTICS area
- Specify which admins can view and configure the charts
- For charts the require a date range, specify custom date ranges or pre-select from one of the pre-configured ranges (24 hours, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 1 year)
Here are screen shots of some the chart types – the same chart is shown (Total post count by forum) but with a different chart type.
This new version will require Version 6.0.7 or later of Simple:Press. Once it becomes available you will be able to download from your account area on our Website.
We’re hoping this is ready sometime in the next 30-60 days.
If you do not yet have a subscription to our plugins, you can get one by navigating to our pricing page.
Did you find this article useful? Or do you use Simple:Press today? If so, please support Simple:Press with a review on WordPress.org. Every review goes a long way towards bringing other users on board!
More From Simple:Press
A researcher out of Germany, Laokoon Security, recently reported a couple of security related issues they uncovered during an audit for one of their clients. These issues have been resolved in Simple:Press V 6.8.1. If you’re running any version earlier than this you should upgrade ASAP. If for some reason you’re still running Version 5.x…Read More
WordPress 5.9 is the gift that keeps on giving… This time around we’ve had to patch the drag-and-drop JS component in it to make it compatible. Upgrade to Simple:Press 6.6.6 to get the fix. The update should be in your WordPress automatic updates page. We’ve tested the fix with WP 5.8 and 5.9 but not…Read More
WordPress 5.9 introduced a new type of theme – the Full Site Editing theme where all components of the theme (including headers and footers) are blocks. This is a radical change to WordPress themes. But, the good news for Simple:Press is that we can still work with these new themes with a couple of minor…Read More
Simple:Press forums 6.6.x was released a few months ago and since then we have pushed a number of minor releases to tweak some things. These are the changes that were made: 6.6.3 Tweak Add a new overlay to the default 2020 theme to match the WP 2021 theme. The new overlay is the default on…Read More