If you would like us to perform a 5.0 to 6.0 upgrade for you then you should purchase this product. However, before purchasing please send us a message via our…
If you would like us to perform a 5.0 to 6.0 upgrade for you then you should purchase this product. However, before purchasing please send us a message via our contact form so we can verify that your site qualifies for this service.
Generally, in order to use this service a site must be using the standard versions of all our plugins and themes with no customizations. If you have customized items we can still perform the upgrade for you if you remove the customizations. Then you can reapply them after we have completed the upgrade.
The way the upgrade service will work is as follows:
- You will take a back-up of your site using whatever tool you normally use for backups
- We will install a cloning tool and clone your site to one of our servers and try the upgrade there first. We will then ask you to review the upgraded site to make sure that the forum works for you.
- Once you verify that the forum works you will take another back-up of your live site.
- Then we will apply the upgrade to your live site.
The service only includes upgrading the site. So tweaks or changes to themes or the way the forum looks is is not part of the scope of work.
- PHP 7.1 or later.
- PHP 7.4 recommended
- Official PHP 8.x support on the way
- WordPress 5.4 or later.
- WordPress 6.x recommended
- WordPress installed on Linux and MYSQL
- WordPress installed on Linux and MariaDB recommended
- Simple:Press Forums 6.6.7 or later
- A standard WP Theme (not a Full-Site-Editing theme)
No documentation links are available at this time
No related articles are available
There are no additional requirements for this product.