Simple:Press forums 6.6.x was released a few months ago and since then we have pushed a number of minor releases to tweak some things.
These are the changes that were made:
- Add a new overlay to the default 2020 theme to match the WP 2021 theme. The new overlay is the default on all new installs.
- Could not reorder profile tabs and menus in admin screen.
The new overlay in this release matches the default color scheme in the WordPress 2021 theme. If that theme is installed when SP is installed, SP will automatically use the new overlay that matches. If any other WordPress theme is installed at the time SP is initially installed, it will use our 2020 overlay.
- Page number overlap on certain admin screens when the page numbers get to 3 digits.
- When deleting users and choosing the option to delete the user, they now get deleted instead of being set to “guest”.
- (Security) Verify a nonce & user capability before allowing certain file-related operations.
Did you find this article useful? Or do you use Simple:Press today? If so, please support Simple:Press with a review on WordPress.org. Every review goes a long way towards bringing other users on board!
More From Simple:Press
A few days ago we moved our site from Liquid Web to our new FireupWP and WPCloudDeploy project platform. This new platform allows us to use dedicated cloud VMs from places like Digital Ocean, Linode and Vultr. We pay the cost of the VMs with no markup which provides huge savings over regular hosts. We…Read More
A new default theme is coming to Simple:Press Forums with the release of Simple:Press Forums 6.5.0. Features of this theme: More modern looking with larger default font sizes and button sizes. Less use of tiny icons More color customization options Better display on mobile More white space Just like our previous default theme, Barebones, you…Read More