Simple:Press forums 6.6.x was released a few months ago and since then we have pushed a number of minor releases to tweak some things.
These are the changes that were made:
- Add a new overlay to the default 2020 theme to match the WP 2021 theme. The new overlay is the default on all new installs.
- Could not reorder profile tabs and menus in admin screen.
The new overlay in this release matches the default color scheme in the WordPress 2021 theme. If that theme is installed when SP is installed, SP will automatically use the new overlay that matches. If any other WordPress theme is installed at the time SP is initially installed, it will use our 2020 overlay.
- Page number overlap on certain admin screens when the page numbers get to 3 digits.
- When deleting users and choosing the option to delete the user, they now get deleted instead of being set to “guest”.
- (Security) Verify a nonce & user capability before allowing certain file-related operations.
Did you find this article useful? Or do you use Simple:Press today? If so, please support Simple:Press with a review on WordPress.org. Every review goes a long way towards bringing other users on board!
More From Simple:Press
Simple:Press 6.3.0 is almost ready for release but it needs to be tested on some real-world sites first. If you have a staging site and are a Silver/Gold/Platinum customer please contact us for a beta copy along with updated versions of the plugins and themes. If you’re not using any of our plugins, you can…Read More
Do you have a person? You know, the person you can call on right away when something goes wrong with your WordPress website? If your website brings in a portion of your business revenue, then you need a person. A person who can be available in a few hours, preferably in as little as 60…Read More
So we haven’t been very active on our blog here lately but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working hard on our Simple:Press Forums plugin. Here are some screen shots of the look-and-feel of the future of the Simple:Press Forums admin dashboard: These changes start to bring the Simple:Press UI in-line with what users expect…Read More