Redesign of the Simple:Press website
We are excited to announce a major redesign of the Simple:Press website! The old website has been around for quite some time and has accumulated a lot of baggage over the years. In order to make it easier to evolve the website, we have decided to start anew with a fresh installation of WordPress and a smaller number of plugins. We have also taken the opportunity to upgrade everything to the latest versions.
This provides us with a great foundation to build upon, but it also means that we need to fix small bugs and broken links in the coming days. If you experience any issues or bugs on the site or if you can’t find something, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work to address it as quickly as possible.
While there are no fundamental changes to the site, there are two smaller updates worth noting:
- We have closed the ticket system to streamline how we handle support. The forum and email will now be the primary support channels.
- We have renamed the Platinum bundle to Simple:Press Pro. However, the pricing and content remain the same. We are still in the process of updating all references to the Platinum bundle to Simple:Press Pro.
Additionally, we are rewriting parts of the documentation to make it easier for new users to follow.
Moving forward, our priorities remain the same as before:
- Fixing bugs and ensuring PHP compatibility on the core plugin and add-ons.
- Starting work on a new default theme that is free.
- Making it easier to install and use the plugin.
- Creating a long-term roadmap based on user feedback.