Security and Bug Fix Update to 4.3.1
Following the recent update to our 4.2 series (WordPress 2.9) we have now released the promised update to 4.3.1 for WordPress version 3. This too contains important security changes and we recommend our users update their system as soon as they can.
Along with the security changes we have taken the opportunity to address some issues raised by users over the last couple of weeks. The main items of note are:
- Including the forum Group Name in the breadcrumbs now displays correctly
- The WP Registration Form should no longer error when other registration plugins are also in use
- The Word Wrap feature has been extended to cover more post content items
- If the Registration link is turned off then registration no longer appears on the inline login form
- Smileys with certain ‘html’ characters in their code should no longer get corrupted
- The Add Topic and New Post forms have been revised to try and stop them leaking into sidebars
- The search for topics members have posted in has been corrected
- Signature images should now obey the image size settings
- The ‘wp_list_pages()’ bug has been improved to work with default permalinks
- The problem with Profile saving and uploading avatars under some themes should now be fixed
- A variety of minor cleanups to display
As always we would like to especially thank those of our users who provided time, assistance and testing of some of the bug fixes without you, some of those bugs would still be unresolved.