Simple:Press Version 5.5.6 – Released
It is also, of course, the day the WordPress team is releasing WP 4.2 and we are releasing Simple:Press version 5.5.6. Please note this is not a coincidence – there are some changes forced upon us by WP changes.
There are also, we hope, useful items in 5.5.6 – some of which have been requested by users but are quite small enhancements like:
- enable a template option to set a length limit on topic titles
- allow for sub-forums to not show up in the QuickLinks forum listing
- check with a user before leaving the page during an edit
There are also more under the hood improvements like:
- not trying to thumbnail animated gifs
- improved and tighter security
- better error handling of missing images
- improved handling of new WP smileys
- improved WP capability creation
And of course, the usual smaller fixes where we have had a problem reported. 5.5.6 is not big but is, we hope, useful.
Since the release of 5.5.5 we have also added one new plugin to the library and that is the ability to print a whole topic thread, or a whole page and enhanced printing of a single post.
And due to be released very soon now we will also be adding a plugin to allow users – with permission – to make completely Private Posts.
Out latest responsive theme, Reboot, has on the whole had a warm reception. There are a few minor corrections and changes being delivered at this time and they can be checked in the usual Codex page for inclusion into your child themes if relevant or desired.