Send your end users new topic and new post notifications via SMS, Slack and specialized iOS/Android apps.
The Simple:Press Push Notifications add-on grants your end users the ability to receive new post and topic notifications via any of four different methods:
- Text Message (SMS)
- Pushover (supports iOS, Android and browsers)
- Pushbullet (supports iOS, Android and browsers)
The administrator can control which methods are enabled and each user can then configure their receiving settings in their user profile.
If you wish to offer Pushover notifications to your users you will need a Pushover account of your own.
If you wish to offer Pushbullet notifications to your users you will need a Pushover account of your own.
Text messages are sent via the Twilio service so you will need a Twilio account.
Your end user will need their own Slack account - you do not need your own. From a cost standpoint, this is the only one of the four methods that is free to you.
The push notifications template tags have been added to the following themes:
They can be added to the Default, Unified and Stacked themes upon request (with a valid license).
- PHP 7.1 or later.
- PHP 7.4 recommended
- Official PHP 8.x support on the way
- WordPress 5.4 or later.
- WordPress 6.x recommended
- WordPress installed on Linux and MYSQL
- WordPress installed on Linux and MariaDB recommended
- Simple:Press Forums 6.8.1 or later
- A standard WP Theme (not a Full-Site-Editing theme)
No documentation links are available at this time
No related articles are available
There are no additional requirements for this product.