Just want to clarify my questions & requirement, so I can decide whether I will continue to use combo Wishlist - SimplePress. Right now, I'm in migration stage from old forum (Mingle) to SimplePress.
Ok, so basically I have several products that each of them have access to forum, but different group. So for example, customer of product A have access to forum group A. Customer of product B have access to forum group B.
Each product have a limited time of forum access, so let's say for 6 months. After that, they will no longer have access to the group forum that expired (unless they pay renewal fee). So customer which purchased product A & B, have access to Forum Group A & B.
Customer which just purchased Product A, can't access Forum Group B, vice versa.
Then for customer that purchased both product A & B, when wishlist level of Product A expired, we want they lose access to Forum Group A (automatically), but still have access to Forum Group B.
I hope our requirement is quite clear, as it is a very common setup, right?
Is that possible to achieve that using Wishlist - SimplePress integration using what you explained in :
What we already did are :
- We created a wishlist member level for each product (let's say Product A and Product B) that have an expired period in 6 months time.
- We created a role for each product using role manager plugin (let's say Product A Role and Product B Role).
- The forum page is protected with wishlist level Product A and Product B.
- And finish in SimplePress Forum setting (Map Users, Manage User Groups, Permissions etc) that explained in https://simple-press.com/docum.....ip-plugin/
- In the forum we have Group Forum A for Product A and Group Forum B for Product B. Each of it has permission set based on the Usergroup/Role that we set at step 4.
Then we do some testing as follow :
- We register User X to Product A thru wishlist registration. User X get Product A wishlist level and Product A Role. When we try to access the forum, User X can access Group Forum A. No Access to Group Forum B. So the scenario we want work properly.
- Then, we register User X to Product B (let's say he purchase Product B later), so after go thru wishlist registration, user X get Product B wishlist level, BUT still have Product A role. Mr. Papa said, it's doesn't make sense to have 2 wordpress role. Ok. So when we try to access the forum, the problem arise, user X just have access to Group Forum A. No Access to Group Forum B. The scenario we want is not works.
So our questions are :
- Is above setup is correct?
- Based on the test and what we read in this SimplePress Forum and Wishlist Forum, it seem there is NO WAY to setup Wishlist + SimplePress like we intended to do automatically, that is to have 2 or more products that access separate Group Forum in SimplePress based on Wishlist Member Level.
- Is the only way to make it happen is manually set the user to different User Group in SimplePress ? So User X purchase product B, so we need to manually, also add User X to Product B UserGroup in SimplePress? Please clarify for us, if what we want is not possible unless we do it manually?
- Finally, if the wishlist level of certain product expired, do we need to remove it manually also from SimplePress UserGroup? For example, User X access to Group Forum A is expired in wishlist, the user still have Product A Role, from our test he still can access Group Forum A.
Please clarify for us, if the scenario we want is not possible, we need to decide other solution then.
thank you very much for your time.