sph_stats_cron shows a next run date of August 26, 2014 (over a month ago) which is very odd. The schedule is set to the SP Stats Interval which is 3600
Unfortunately we have installed a variety of plugins (most of them security related). I have disabled them all apart from wordfence. I have the feeling that one of the prior security plugins has modified a permission somewhere which is probably causing the problem. We did restrict the PHP functions as follows:
Would this affect it?
I'll did into the Cron a little deeper.
Unfortunately I think the permissions problem you will probably have to try and figure out, as in, probably not something we can help with, although I'm sure if someone knows of anything that could directly affect the stats section they will post.
I think we are safe with the disabled functions. It doesn't look like we use any of them in the core plugin.
As for cron, firstly try disabling the Simple Press plugin and enabling it right away (NOT delete).. This should force the SP cron tasks into the WP cron scheduler.
I did as suggested. It took a little while as re-activation was failing and I had to go through each plugin to see what was causing the issue. It was the WP "The Events Calendar" for whatever reason.
Anyways, I have re-activated and the CRON is now set to run in the future (as opposed to a month ago).
I'll let you know if its working once the cron interval passes.