Simple:Press 5.6.7 Bug Fix Release
Version 5.6.7 is mainly a small bug fix release. This fixes some minor issues that include:
- The new admin side members listing
- Support for the Albanian language
- Some WP theme menu issues
- Improper use of the ’empty’ php function
- Some character issues in the AutoLink plugin
- Use of a mention when the first character in a post
- One or two spelling typos
A couple of these issues were caused by older versions of php still being used by hosts. While still officially supported by WordPress, it is a bit disgraceful that hosts continue to use old versions of php that have officially passed their end of life support. Old versions of 5.2 still appear to be in use yet here we are looking closely at php version 7.
It is thought that one of the earliest uses of the word ‘bug’ in the context of something being wrong was used in a letter penned by Thomas Edison in 1878 who then went on to define it ‘as such little faults and difficulties are called’. Many people believe it stems from the old English word ‘bugbear’. I thought you might like to know that.
Of course, software programmers quite like the term as it makes it sound like errors were not their fault!