A A A

general-topic
Images uploaded to forum don't pop up with MS Edge
Stefan Zabel

88 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 20, 2019 - 6:53 am

Hi, if we upload images to the forum using the Microsoft Edge browser, they don’t pop up large when clicked on.

Other browsers are fine.

Here’s an example page, please see Alex’s 20th March post:

Specific set up: Microsft Edge 44.17763.10, Windows 10

Same issue on multiple computers with this browser

Thanks very much

Simple Press
389 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 20, 2019 - 10:49 am

hmmm…I see the same behavior in all browsers on your forum link.  I am unable to click on the image but I can click on the attachment link.

Here’s a lightbox in EDGE using the post from your forum link:

03.20.2019-09.44Image Enlarger.

If I use EDGE on our forums I can click on the image itself and the lightbox will work.  For example, this thread has an image in one of its replies.  When I click on the image (using EDGE), it pops up just fine.

So I think the issue might be specific to your site.  (Likely a conflict of some kind).  But the user can still click the attachment links at the bottom of the post the view the images.

Thanks.

Building out your membership site can be a lot of work. Easy Membership Sites has pre-configured all the Simple:Press plugins and tools you need to build a complete membership site in a fraction of the usual time. Check them out: Easy Membership Sites

Stefan Zabel

88 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 20, 2019 - 11:09 am

Sorry, perhaps I didn’t explain properly.

Pop up works fine in Edge.

It’s using Edge to make the post, not what browser you’re viewing the post with.

When you use Edge to write the post and add the image, the issue occurs.

Thanks

Simple Press
389 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 20, 2019 - 11:30 am

Hi:

I think I might need a little bit more information.  Maybe a quick video illustrating the issue?  I just tried making a post with EDGE and have no issues dragging and image attachment into the upload area or viewing the image in the post.

Thanks.

Stefan Zabel

88 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 20, 2019 - 4:23 pm

Good idea, here’s a link to a video showing the issue:

I’ve deleted the topic by the way but hopefully it makes more sense now.

Simple Press
389 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 21, 2019 - 5:02 pm

Hi:

I see what you’re pointing out in the video.  Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce it on my test sites.  I tried it with jpg and png images.  Both types of images popup after a reply or a new topic in edge.

I then tried with and without text in the post (combined with the images) and the images still popped up when clicked.

The only thing I can think of is there is some sort of minor conflict with another plugin or the WordPress theme that only manifests when Edge is used.  Its almost as if some sort of css tag we depend on is being stripped before the post is saved.  Can you create a post on your site in edge with an image and then place the link here? I’ll look to see what tags its wrapped in and then compare it to our test servers.

Thanks.

Stefan Zabel

88 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 27, 2019 - 10:22 am

Sorry for late reply, thought what I had to send you was complicated until I re-read.

Here’s a link to a post (20th March) where the issue is happening:

Thanks

Simple Press
389 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 27, 2019 - 10:41 pm

Hi:

Yeah, its just like I thought – there is a missing tag.  For some reason on your site, the HTML anchor tag that wraps the image is not present.  Something is stripping that tag out when uploading to your site via edge.  Its probably some sort of minor conflict with another plugin or the wp site theme.

Only one way to find out for sure – turn everything else off.  That would be much more convenient if you have your WP host just make a duplicate of your site so you can test things there.

Thanks.

Stefan Zabel

88 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 28, 2019 - 5:58 am

Ok, thanks for this. We’ll pass this issue to support at our end.

Simple Press
389 Posts
(Offline)
Mar 28, 2019 - 2:20 pm

Hi:

One thing I would like to try would be to post from our computers to your site.  I still have your temporary password that you created for us to perform the upgrade so can use that. I just didn’t want to post to a live topic on your site!

Thanks.