Whilst working on the importer I found a small issue with the bbcode to html parser
It seems that a lot of other forums allow the bbcode url to look like
Which the parser will not convert
to $in and
Happy to consider making the change and thanks.
I guess you do realise that when it comes to storing bbCode generated posts then they are converted to html prior to gong into the database. yes - I suppose you do which is why you want the parser to work for you!
If all goes to plan we may well be adopting better html/bbcode editing options in V5 but i will see if i can get this into the v4.3.4 update.
I was testing signature imports which where I spotted the issue, I assumed it would be the same for posts.
where possible I am using as many spf function as possible and it seemed sensible to use the bbtohtml parser. For now I have ripped the code and put it into the importer so I can modify the regex as I find any anomalies so from my point of view there is no rush for the change