A A A

Turning Forum Name into Hyperlink to External URL
RSS
Samantha Rife

5 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 6, 2021 - 1:33 am

Is there a way to turn a forum name into a hyperlink to an external URL?

I want to have a Group titled LINKS and then list pertinent links to external socials and related websites, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to customize URLs.

Thank you!

Simple Press
385 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 6, 2021 - 8:17 am

Hi:

Are you talking about something like this?

This is a custom URL to Simple:Press.com

Or something like this:

This is a custom URL to Simple:Press: https://simple-press.com

Thanks.

Building out your membership site can be a lot of work. Easy Membership Sites has pre-configured all the Simple:Press plugins and tools you need to build a complete membership site in a fraction of the usual time. Check them out: Easy Membership Sites

Samantha Rife

5 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 6, 2021 - 10:35 pm

I was thinking of the first example. I attached an image of a forum I got the inspiration from. Those forum links all go to external sources.

Simple Press
385 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 7, 2021 - 8:42 am

Hi:

I’m not sure I understand the issue then.  From the forum editor when I’m replying, I can create the link – here’s an example that will point back to this forum.

Go to this forum.

Thanks.

Samantha Rife

5 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 10, 2021 - 4:05 am

Let’s start over, my request was lost and not understood.

I want to change the URL of a Forum TITLE as it appears under the group, not within a reply.

Simple Press
385 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 10, 2021 - 9:11 pm

hmmm…yeah, I’m lost then. Not quite sure what you mean / are looking for.  Maybe post a marked up image or video of what you’re looking for?

Samantha Rife

5 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 12, 2021 - 5:37 am

Screenshot-2021-12-12-053247.pngImage EnlargerOkay! I attached a screenshot of what I’m talking about. Hopefully, that clears things up.

Simple Press
385 Posts
(Offline)
Dec 12, 2021 - 8:36 pm

I think maybe you’re looking for the TOPIC REDIRECT add-on which should be part of your platinum subscription already.  Check to see if it’s activated.

If it is then these two links should help you see what it does and how to use it:

Please let me know if this is what you’re looking for.

Thanks.